Stephen R. Covey forgot an essential habit of successful people.
Don’t misunderstand me. After scanning my copy of, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, I resolved to read it again. It’s brilliant.
- Be Proactive. You are in charge of your responses.
- Begin with the end in mind. Rise above busyness to internal directedness.
- Put first things first. “The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.”
- Think win-win.
- Seek first to understand, then be understood. Always understand others before offering solutions.
- Synergize. Experience creativity by building trust and cooperation.
- Sharpen the saw. Renew yourself physically, spiritually, mentally, and socially.
There is, however, one habit that precedes the seven.